Education for patients & physicians will be available May 20 at the World Autoimmune Arthritis Day convention. Fortunately for those of us with busy schedules and a disinclination to travel, this is a virtual convention. All activities are online.
- Ask the Experts Panel
- A Day in the Life of an Autoimmune Arthritis Patient
- Booths – nonprofits around the world will come together to share their resources; physicians and patients will be able to learn more about programs and services available to people afflicted with autoimmune arthritis
- Presentations – these presentations will be on-demand, so check in at your convenience
- Resource Library – list of support and advocacy groups, as well as a blog list, for attendees to locate helpful information that can benefit their experience dealing with autoimmune arthritis
- Lounge – chat live with attendees from around the world
- Chat Sessions – chat sessions covering some of the biggest issues facing those affected by autoimmune arthritis will be hosted throughout WAAD13
- Disease Information
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
- Still’s Disease
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease
- Extended diseases
Since this is a worldwide event, it will be held for the duration of May 20 everywhere in the world, i.e. beginning at midnight as soon as it first becomes May 20, and lasting 47 hours until May 20th is (almost) complete the last spot on earth. For me (Pacific Time on the west coast of the U.S.) that will be 3 a.m. on May 19, lasting until 2 a.m. May 21).
Register in advance at WAAD13. Scroll down – the registration form is toward the bottom of the page in the right-hand column.